WiP Wednesday – 38

If you haven’t figured out by now, I’m one of those people who is incapable of doing things in a small way. I like it big, loud, and proud! So when I set about making this No Value Does Not Mean Free quilt, I thought a nice lap quilt would do. Then I started buying fabrics (the Molli Sparkles inducted should know where this is going by now).
Fabrics bought, I proceeded to cut up all of the strips needed for this Trip Around the World. Except, I had some extra fabric. So I cut more strips, and some more strips. Then I sewed them together. And those extra ones together. And the ones I found hiding under the table together. I came up for air and discovered I have thirty-eight blocks in the making, with plenty of fabric still left in that pile of white.

That’s already at least 72″x72″. I guess subconsciously, my psyche knew that if it couldn’t make it loud with colour, it wasn’t gonna let it be small! I spent most of the weekend sewing until my Juki starting smoking (metaphor!) and I ran out of white Aurifil. Then I frantically searched for other white thread. “Hmm. Where did I … um … No. This can’t be? How? No. No. … nooooo!” I didn’t have any other white thread. Uh oh.
And that’s where I still am. Lots of blocks in progress (destination unknown) and no thread. I’m a rock star like that. Your turn: You ever made a dicky move like this?
Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WiP Wednesday!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Searching for something not white to work on this week.

I always have white thread, if your stuck again. Should have taken me up on my offer of a tour of my LQs on Saturday!!!

Save some of that white on white coz I got a sneaking suspicion that you might be trying a Sarah twisted MSBHQAL block…

2. Vera says:

I make dicky moves all the time but I tent to call it "my style" and intention, he he. Looking forward to see this snowy sparkle in all it's glory.

3. Mareenchen says:

I can't wait to see this finished! Go and get some thread already.

4. Cheryl says:

The blocks are looking great! I actually get twitchy if I have less than 1 aurifil white spool in reserve 🙂

5. MsMidge says:

I'm the queen of dicky moves…… Nothing ever turns out to be what I intended! Always a twist somewhere along the way 🙂 I just ordered a tonne of white Aurifil, and, ahemmmm, other colours, so I should be right for a while!

6. Sabrina says:

Oo! Can't wait to see progress on this beauty. 🙂

7. I've totally ran out, and all the while, I was thinking I picked some up in advance. Yeah, it sucks. Especially when you're in the zone. Love how it's turning out.

8. ~Diana says:

I'm totally with you on the white on whites…I always buy them in bulk! And I guard them like a rabid pit bull looking at a ham! My daughter likes to "borrow" from my stash…w/w is the hardest to let go of! Thanks, as always, for the glitter!

Oh I always forget about thread. Usually backing fabric too. And binding. I'm a bit crap all together really!

10. charlotte says:

Just go buy some. It's only white thread. And yes, I have run out too and it sucks when you do cause that's the only thread that will do at those times. No go get some…git, git.

11. Liz says:

Looks awesome. I usually make a point to buy some thread when I visit the craft store so I'm prepared :). I can't wait to see wha happens when you get some more!

12. sharpie says:

An entirely white quilt?! Sold. Please replenish your thread supply stat so we can all figure out where this dreamy-ness is headed.

13. CitricSugar says:

ALL. The Time. That sounds exactly like something I would do. But then I've had relatively small projects balloon to epic proportions..

14. Val Spiers says:

I think it will look lovely especially with all the different fabrics.