Sunday Stash #232 – Silent Not Silent
Well this has been a month and a half. I’ve been relatively silent on social media for so many reasons.
- I didn’t have anything to say. – You won’t hear me say this very often so sop it up with a biscuit and save some for later because this could be a one time event!
- I haven’t bought any new fabric in weeks. – I just choked on my champagne a little bit typing that out. I really don’t even know what those words mean, and yet there they are. Trust that I’ve got my eyes set on a few things (see image below).
- I had two paid writing assignments to complete. – You can catch me on the regular writing for Make Modern and Textile Fibre Forum, also my two fave reads!
- Mr. Sparkles was admitted to hospital emergency due to severe gastro and dehydration. – He’s currently on the mend. However, how would you feel after twelve-and-a-half years together you could only legally write “partner” in the relationship box of the medical forms? Meanwhile, you’re physically holding him up while he’s dry retching into a vomit bag. Please, tell me my relationship isn’t worth as much as yours. Go on. #marriageequality
- I’ve had a few more work trips throughout Australia. – These are going to become more frequent, so it looks like I need to hop aboard that EPP train!
- Which has led to me getting a promotion at work! – Now, not only am I a quilter extraordinaire, but I’m also the Australian national facilities manager for the largest tech company in the world. I fix things, but I’m not tech support.
- I’ve been readying four quilt finishes. – Did I say I needed to join the EPP club? Looks like I’ve got more than enough binding to keep my nimble fingers busy over the next few months! Three quilts are on their way to the long armer, and I quilted one myself, much to my chagrin (maybe).
- Mr. Sparkles and I are coming to the US! – This has been an epic planning mission, but we are hitting Tulsa OK, New York City NY, Foley AL, Pensacola FL, and Las Vegas NV! Where are you going to be in September, because I might just see you there?!
- I grew a beard. – Molli Sparkles: a true bearded lady.
- I did have some things to say. – They just needed to be bottled up until they could all come out at once. The Sunday Stash link up is once again ready for you to hit it up style!