Ten Things on Thursday – 13
So here’s a champagne toast to all of you who had a fantabulous week! The scribbles on my to do list imply I got quite a bit done. Do you ever feel like there’s still a bit more you could have crammed in there though? Maybe I should start including sub-bullet points on there, and then promptly ignore them. I can’t decide whether to do lists drive me up the carpeted wall, keep me on track, or are the ultimate exercise in futility. At any rate, here’s a look at my past seven days.
- Have you seen the While She Naps article Language Matters: Making Quilting More Inclusive? It is the best piece of international journalism to hit the interwebs, since, I don’t know, The Washington Post’s coverage of the Watergate Scandal. Just call me Deep Throat! But seriously, it’s a great read, and the comments (on every iteration of its posting) will either have you smashing your face against a wall, crying for humanity, or spilling some truth tea of your own.
- Regarding the above: You think you know people until they decide the life they live is more important than yours.
- The #100days100blocks party is approaching its final hours! (Yes, I hear a lot of you mumbling, “Finally.”) For those that still have the dial turned up, it’s all about the right to assembly now. Will I sash, won’t I sash? Regardless, I know what I will do, and that’s sashay!
- I started a new improv project and my health (mental, physical, emotional) is better for it.
- I went to the dentist on Wednesday, and she gave my teeth a clean bill of health!
- December is my month as designer for the Blossom Heart Quilts, Modern HST Sampler QAL. My 12.5″ block is made, and it is a
floozydoozy! I used my Pattern Please bundle for it, and I’m currently working on the skimpy tutorial.
- Time for a comic board fabric folding extravaganza check-in! I’ve now used 200 boards, and it feels like there’s another 20,000 more to go.
- Mr. Sparkles and I bought a Christmas tree online this week, to discover the very next day that it had gone on sale! When I called their customer service team to request a refund of the difference, they flatly said, “Sorry we can’t do anything for you.” Ooooh, no, no, no, no. I’ve sent angry words to their inbox; I’ll keep you advised as the Christmas tree saga unfolds!
- I quietly dropped my Divas Alphabet Pattern on Craftsy this week.
- Are you saving yourselves for post-Thanksgiving Day craft sales? Share your most anticipated in the comments below! (I promise not to steal the deals right out from under you … or will I?!)