Ten Things On Thursday – 04
Another week filled with fabric searching, yearning, and purchasing! A lot of sewing has been happening behind the scenes, while also managing to stay social with some amazing quilt friends. If you don’t have a quilt tribe, get on that! It makes the fun, even more fun! All in all, an amazing week, and I’m thankful to be so blessed.
- I started my Modern Handcraft designed Range Quilt tonight. If I remember correctly, it’s the first quilt pattern I’ve purchased to make a quilt. I think you’ll love it too.
- The #100Days100Blocks Tula Pink City Sampler quilt along officially kicked off on Instagram this week. Yeah, the one I said I was going to do, and then wasn’t, and now I have 37 of the blocks already made. Oh, Molli!
- Speaking of, I went on a hunt for Shimmer 2 fabrics by Jennifer Sampou. Thankfully, I found some very generous people on Instagram willing to sell me some of theirs! Whew!
- I may have also bought some at Clair’s Fabrics here in Australia. When in doubt, buy them out!
- Mr. Sparkles and I went to IKEA to buy just a cheap $75 desk, as a hold over until we get a custom desk built into our study nook. We left with a $260 receipt that included tea light candles, meat balls, and a cook book stand. Isn’t that always the way?!
- Son, Harrison, came over for dinner last night, which is always a delight. He’s thinking about taking a trip to Japan in January, and I’m already contemplating what type of fabric mule he’d be!
- Did you read the There Was No Penis article from quilter Kathy Nida? Amazingly, she was censored out of the AQS Grand Rapids show because of a complaint about a penis in her quilt. Except there wasn’t one. If you’re someone who gets upset about a penis in art, you shouldn’t be looking at art.
- I’m putting a blogger fabric bundle together for Fabric Please! that’s already giving me autumnal tonal shivers! I’m waiting for a few fabrics to be released in late September, and then I’ll share the shiver.
- I may have found the thread holder I’ve been craving! Except it is out of stock, and will also take some modifications. However, brace yourselves.
- Have you ever hand stitched a binding using all Art Gallery fabrics and a tight quilting design? It is driving me ba-zonkers because the weave is so tight. Only one side left to do on my current quilt, so hopefully, you’ll get to see it tomorrow!