Ten Things on Thursday
Let’s try something new this week! Welcome to Ten Things on Thursday! Here are ten things that have been part of my life over the past seven days. This is a great way to do a brain dump before the weekend, and give yourself a little bit of applause for even the smallest of accomplishments. If you’re like me, sometimes that is all. you. need! Let me know if anyone else would be interested in joining me for Ten Things on Thursday and I can set up a button, or link-up, or some other social media corralling experience! In the meantime, check out my ten things below.
- The “Feeling Lucky” Instagram giveaway was a huge success, with fifteen lucky winners! Lotsocolour was the winner of the individual fabric prize I contributed. Congrats to you!
- I sort of got a promotion at work this week! I might have to start loving hand sewing though, as there will be more travel in my future.
- I started and finished the new Netflix series, Stranger Things with Winona Ryder. It’s worth grabbing a bag of chips and stopping life for eight hours.
- My Don’t Be a Dick quilt is getting bigger. I’ve nearly completed sixteen blocks, all from Jennifer Sampou’s Shimmer fabric range. Sparkle porn, y’all!
- My physio told me I need to start doing crunches to strengthen my core, so my back doesn’t get so bent out of shape from all the sitting I do while sewing. Abs for summer!
- Britney Spears released a new single called, Make Me, which makes me go oooooh! I’m crushing on this living legend.
- I did some full on shopping at Intrepid Thread on Monday night. There is an international box involved. It felt sort of like binge eating eleven ice cream sandwiches and then hiding the wrappers. I’ve still got a sugar rush!
- Nespresso released a new coffee capsule called Envivo Lungo which is strength nine. All my coffee Christmases have come early! I live and die by my Nespresso machine.
- I’ve been receiving numerous #QuiltsForPulse blocks and even a completed quilt! Remember to have these to me by 01 August, 2016 so I can send them off to Orlando. Let’s save the world with quilts!
- I have to conceive and create a baby quilt this weekend! I’m thinking either over-sized HSTs or some sort of traditional block super-sized. I’m wanting it to be modern but girly, pink but not too much, and quick but meaningful. Watch this space!