2015: A Year in Review
I posted this picture on Instagram as part of the 2015 Best Nine craze sweeping the IG community. I edited it a bit to suit my own tastes, and then it’s gone on to actually be one of my 2015 Best Nine pictures. Irony. So I thought I’d repost it here, and then add a few other honourable mentions. I do this not to brag, but so that I can look back in tough spots of 2016 and know that things really do work out for the better, even when you don’t think they are. This will be my last post of 2015, and as I slide into the new year, I hope your celebrations treat you as well as mine. Remember, champagne is always the answer.
2015 Best Nine
- By far the best thing that happened this year was getting engaged to Adam Joyce! US nuptials are pending early in the new year!
- I got paid an honest amount to make this beautiful AMH Feathers quilt, Lost Feathers of an Angel. Make sure you do the same because #wearesewworthit!
- I was blessed to work with amazing people around the globe for the Sewing For Sydney project.
- Mood Ring quilt is still a favourite of mine and the recipient. Tutorial is on the blog here.
- I signed up to participate in round two of the #NGAQB2 with my humble unicorn (pattern by Quiet Play).
- I stood on the giant shoulders of my #NGAQB2 brethren to make tangerine magic with my border addition for @crimsontavid.
- I got asked to be a Juki brand ambassador and worked with Sewing Machine Warehouse at the Sydney Craft & Quilt Fair.
- I won a first place ribbon at the Modern Quilt Show AU for my No Value Does Not Equal Free quilt.
- And finally, I now have my own regular column in Textile Fibre Forum magazine.
- Sending my Passing Notes In Class quilt to my brother to welcome love and applause.
- Designing my own paper pieced pattern, Twisted Elegance, and publishing it on my blog and Craftsy.com.
- Creating the Glitterati Army: my own team of pattern testers who are currently working on my Diva Alphabet Pattern.
- No Value Does Not Equal Free quilt is now off to QuiltCon West. My first international show!
- I managed to transfer my blog from Blogger to WordPress; it’s all such a blur I haven’t even blog posted about it!