Sunday Stash #136 – What a Pickle!

So I’m here to give you a tip. The reign of Kona Wasabi is coming to a close. It’s been a glorious ride, but some things can’t last forever. You see, I was perusing the fabric walls of Intrepid Thread on Friday, when owner, Julie, walked up to me and said, “I feel like a pickle.” Now, you have to know that I am all about a good pickle: bread & butter, sweet & sour, dill, kosher, jumbo to mini and back again! I do not discriminate, because I will eat them all. Sadly though, Julie wasn’t talking about an afternoon snack, instead, she was drawing my attention to new-to-me fabric, Kona Pickle and Carolyn Friedlander’s Crosshatch Pickle.

We both agreed that this good-enough-to-eat fabric was the way forward, and Wasabi was soooo 2013! Just to make sure I had plenty of deliciousness to go around, I bought two yards of each. I’m telling you, get on board the Pickle express train! I also picked up two yards of Yarn Dyed Essex in black because it’s such a great staple to keep in the fridge. Now that I have it back home, I’m even thinking how sharp, sweet and tasty it is looking with a Pickle.
Finally, I had phoned ahead to make sure there was a bolt of Art Gallery Pure Elements in White Linen waiting for me. Fifteen yards on that bolt, and I’ve already got a project with its name on it. Now that I am back home to my sewing studio, I can hardly wait to grab a tasty snack, and start creating again!

1. MsMidge says:

I LOVE that pickle! Nomnomnom!

2. Suze says:

I love sweet dills!

3. Jayne says:

I have never seen 'Pickle' in person, what a great alternative to the always gorgeous Wasabi! You have now put us all in a pickle…which looks like a good place to be!

4. Auntie Pami says:

You are so spoiled.

5. Jenny says:

you are so bad.

6. Anita C says:

Saw that whole bolt setting there with your name on it ūüôā Only way to shop.

7. Wow! A whole bolt….someday ūüôā Great fabrics!

8. Pickles are gross but I am just dying over that colour, and with the crosshatch it is just amazing!!

9. SewPsyched! says:

Pickle is my alltime favorite Kona color! I can't get enough of that salty goodness!! I had no idea that CF had a crosshatch to match, oh man, i feel a purchase comin on!! XX!

10. No linking up for me this week…. I managed an entire week with no trips to the LQS or squishy envelopes landing on my doorstep. As for the Pickle vs. Wasabi, you are a fickle, fickle colour lover! Don't you just love those Kona coordinated prints… when I see that on the selvage, I get a little shiver of happiness!

11. Boy am I with you on that Pickle Crosshatch – YUM!

12. Julie says:

Pickle is the new Wasabi, but you know Tricialoyn is mad because it is her favorite and it is flying off the shelf LOL

13. I am a huge fan of pickle as well. Guess what though pickle and wasabi are great together. I have a quilt coming out in a couple of weeks that use both!!

I'm in a bit of a pickle (hehe)….I just have to work out what to do with the 6 yards of pickle I do have.