Sunday Stash #19 – Magic Suitcase Part 04 – Texas

Considering I hail from Oklahoma, I should have expected some country and western surprises packed into Grandma Sparkles’s magic suitcase. I did not, however, expect to see such a tribute to Texas! The blue bonnet is the state flower, which is why it is featured so heavily.
Cut the flag out of this panel, and I think there could actually be something interesting here with that field of blue bonnets.

I think there could be some clever fussy cutting happening from these panels, that is, unless of course I throw caution to the wind and decide to make oil rigger throw pillows. Vogue Living will be knocking at my door! But wait, is that a rainbow selvedge I spy? Not all may be lost!

And this? Yeah, I don’t know either. Sometimes you win, and sometimes, well, lose just isn’t a good enough word.
Linking up with Fiona at Finding Fifth for this week’s Sunday Stash-a-thon!  You should do the same.
Be nice, or I’ll fussy cut you.

Whip up those leaf blocks into some nice pot holders for Grandma Sparkles – return the favour of the fabric! Hehehe!

2. vexa says:

I see some autumn tote or bag with those leafs in front. No idea about the rest though.

3. Salley says:

OOoooh….round those stallions up and whip them up into a BBQ apron for a cowboy…

Well that was all quite special… Maybe Grandma Sparkles has a hankering to move :oD

5. Kelly says:

My mind is so gutterish that I could have sworn one of those horses was trying to mount the other, then realised it was a tail not a leg!

6. Waverlee says:

When you said cut the flag out of the panel I immediately thought of the technique they have used here….http://www.michaelmillerfabrics.com/Upload_WebPages/1323_HTML/Garden%20Wall%20Layout%20.pdf

7. Deb says:

I just found your blog through the Intrepid Thread…I have now spent the better part of my afternoon reading the whole thing. You can really crack a girl up – thanks for being so sparkly…BIG LOVE!

8. Auntie Pami says:

Like that.. I lived in Texas for my first three years in the Navy. Miss the BBQ.

9. Jenny says:

Sometimes lose just isn't a good enough word. I am definitely stealing that.

10. Kim says:

As a fellow Okie, I agree that it would be jarring and unwelcome to receive a huge Lone Star flag!!! ;p