WiP Wednesday #09 – Road To Tennessee

And like that, a new project is born.  I’ve been saving this Vintage Modern fabric for one moment in time.  When I’m more than I thought I could be, when all of my dreams are a heartbeat away … and the answers are all up to me … Whoa, I think Whitney’s in the house, y’all!  God, I get so emotional over a good diva vocal.
So many people watch TV while sewing, but not me, I exhale, crank up the high notes and melisma runs, while tapping my foot pedal to the syncopated beats.  That’s how these blocks started to take shape, step by step. They’re destined to be a Road to Tennessee quilt, which sounds so pedestrian, so I’m thinking it needs a name change.  Am I allowed to do that?  It’s not right, but it’s okay?

If I told you that I’m linking up with Freshly Pieced, you’d do it too, right:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1. MsMidge says:

Well considering we live nowhere near Tennessee, I think that is fair and reasonable! Love Vintage Modern…..I made a big old rag quilt for my daughter way back when……

2. I love Vintage Modern but don't (yet) own any! Definately re-vamp the name though, how about Road to Widgiemooltha? ūüôā x

3. diane says:

Love Vintage Modern. Your quilt will be lovely.

4. judi garber says:

Vintage Modern is so pretty. I'm sure I'm hoarding some around here.

5. audrey says:

Ooh, these are fun! Also, I love your new tutorial! When I get a moment to breathe, I'm totally planning to make one! ūüôā

6. Cindy says:

Absolutely gorgeous fabric! So yummy! I'm jealous.

7. Valerie says:

Love vintage modern! I have a fat quarter bundle of it that I am itching to cut into!

8. Lovely – can't wait to see the finished quilt!!! (I listen to my 'tunes' while sewing/quilting too! Perhaps we are cosmic twins?

9. Tessa Marie says:

You always make me laugh! I love Vintage Modern, too and your quilt is going to be lovely! My charity quilt group just used this pattern and we called it Hugs and Kisses, I guess because it makes an x and o pattern.