Molli Sparkles Union Jack Block Tutorial

Hey, my faves!  The day is finally here for the release of my Union Jack block tutorial.*  This is my very first-ever-in-the-whole-wide-sparkly-world tutorial, so I hope you enjoy it, and you use it! Whatever you decide to make, be sure to send me a photo and I’ll show it off to everyone here at  My own goal is to make a multi-coloured quilt out of numerous of these blocks, but what ideas do you have up your sequinned sleeves?  If any of you decide to use this for a Quilt Bee, please let me know so I can stalk all the delicious blocks made!  Oh, and as I mentioned yesterday, any and all feedback is appreciated.
All that being said, be a nice and conscientious human being and share a sister a link if you decide to share this on your own blog.  Heaven knows I had to stop feeding the kids for a few weeks to figure all this out, and you’ll just be hurting the children.  Otherwise, download, print, spread the word, and the photo love!  Sparkles, Molli!

1. hoysie says:

12:01, not a minute too soon!

2. Hoysie – You're a no-reply blogger! Who are you so I can email you!?

3. Hi Molli Sparkles, love your union Jack the gold one really stands out. Love to see any more that you have made.

4. Salley says:

Molli…you're magic.

5. Jacqueline says:

It's great, thank you! Happy Australia Day!

Way to go! Now I can do a post on my blog with a piccy of mine. I just wanted to wait until I could link up to your tutorial post! Love my Union Jack! Happy Australia Day! Hope it sparkles!

7. Sheila says:

Sorry i don't have a blog to link up with you. But it was fun pattern testing for you, I don't think i could ever have figured it out by myself,

8. I just love reading your blog posts Molli!! The Union Jack looks fantastic – definitely worth some slightly hungry children?! 😉

9. Kelli says:

I totally hear you.. when I was working on my little mixer hot pad pattern, it seemed like it was all I did, ignoring anyone and everything for a while. I'm off to download it now, Molli! I love your sparkly self, and the way your personality shines through in your posts. :) Thanks for reminding me, and Happy Australia Day! xo

10. Am L says:

I'm so excited to have found your blog and this tutorial. My husband is a Brit, and I was thinking it would be fun to make a Union Jack quilt for him. I learned about your blog via The Intrepid Thread, which is my closest modern quilt shop. Julie is genuinely nice, isn't she! Thanks for sharing & I look forward to reading your blog.

11. Ida says:

Thanks for the tutorial. I'm excited to make a Union Jack Quilt.

12. I wish I would've know about this Union Jack block a week ago!!!! I just started a Union Jack quilt but I paid for the pattern!!!

13. Thank you for the pattern. It is as you say, "anatomically correct." The first one I've seen. My husband is a Brit and I'd like to make it into a cushion for our sofa.

14. fantastic tut! Can you help me enlarge this to lap quilt size???

• Hello! You're a no-reply blogger so I couldn't reply to your email. If you google it, I've seen a tutorial out there somewhere for a lap sized Union Jack already. It looks pretty fab!