Ten Things on Thursday – 14
Be careful, y’all, pie can be dangerous. You think you want another piece, and then all of a sudden you’re laid out in a recliner and you wake up to a cat licking your face. This stuff happens, and your false eyelashes will thank me! This has been a pretty intense week for me, from the 000 phone call I had to make, to the debut of my gal pal Britney’s new music video. I like to keep it real, so the big and the small deserve a place on my list. I hope the countdown of your week was just as fabulous!
- And then there were 100! Today marked the end of the #100days100blocks City Sampler sew along, and you can now see all of my #ShimmerCitySampler blocks. What a challenge, and I did it! (Okay, one day I was 7 hours late, but I call that fashionable!)
- Last night as Charlotte and I were eating dinner at our local Japanese restaurant, a drunk man came in and started harassing the restaurant staff and us. Ooooh no you did not. He obviously did not have a single Blue’s clue about who he was dealing with. I called 000 (police) and then with the help of four Japanese men, we threw glitter in his eyes and corralled him out the door.
- Our Christmas tree went up this week! Okay, I know it is a bit early, but when you gotta sparkle, you gotta sparkle!
- Charlotte let me borrow her sewing machine (which does a zig-zag stitch) so I could create some frankenbatting. It’s amazing how all those little pieces add up!
- Domino’s messed up my pizza order, so I got it for free!
- I deleted the Facebook app from my phone. There was just too much hatred happening in my pocket, and I just can’t help but read the comments. (I know, I know!) Some people really shouldn’t be allowed to use the Internet.
- Okay, are you ready for the Gilmore Girls reunion tomorrow? Has it been on your calendar all year? Despite my best efforts I’ve only made it to season three, so I’m gonna have to postpone my viewing!
- Speaking of required viewing, Britney Spears debuted her video for latest single, Slumber Party. Call the doctor because it’s so hot it’s giving me fevers! I want to stay up all night hair flipping, bottle popping, and stiletto tossing with Brit-Brit!
- I’m nearly ready to announce a new project I’m starting next year called The Honey Pot Bee. I’m gonna be asking all of you to get involved from the min to the max! Things are about to get sticky and sweet!
- Yes, it’s true that we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia. (Pause, and think about it.) But I am still thankful, and I feel truly blessed on this day! I’m thankful for my close family, inner quilt circle, artistic abilities, glitter, champagne and cocktails.