Ten Things on Thursday – 12
Did you get any sewing done this week? There was understandably a whole lot of distraction, so congratulations if you were able to sew despite it. Or maybe after the events of this week, it’s the sewing that is going to get you through it. Life is tough. It twists, turns, lifts and often will try to break you. Hold strong, my friends. Take a breath, take a break, feel your heart, and think clearly with your head. This too, shall pass.
- As an American living in Australia, I have had my eyes glued to election coverage for the past eighteen months. It finally culminated into: Sadness. Disappointment. Frustration. Hopelessness. Confusion. Tears. What an opportunity at progressive leadership, lost. However, this hasn’t changed anything about how I feel towards my fellow humans. I will always dogmatically stand for what I believe is right over wrong. It may be a long game, but eventually good will always win. Love your neighbour, even if you have to occasionally glitter bomb them.
- House of Cards is going to be resonating-ly good this season.
- I’ve had some design start-stop-start-stop-start-stop experiences lately. Have you had those? Like, you think you’ve got it, and then realise it’s more like that Destiny’s Child song, “No, No, No!” In the words of Aaliyah, “Dust yourself off and try again.”
- I stopped into my local comic book shop this week for more boards and they were sold out! They actually told me they had a lot of quilters coming into buy them. Y’all bought them right out from under me! Thankfully today, they got another shipment so I picked up another hundred. Let the re-folding continue!
- I managed to clear out over a 100 emails from my inbox. It was a mammoth exercise with another 150 still to go. I’m now accepting applications for an unpaid internship as a Molli Sparkles executive assistant!
- Mr. Sparkles and I have been binge watching The Crown on Netflix this week. It is capital D, divine! Let me be the first to say that I would totally be Margaret.
- Due to all the jewels around my neck I consistently have back problems. Occupational hazard! One of the things I think might help my quilting ergonomics is dropping my Juki TL-98P into my sewing table. (Said table is an IKEA table topped attached to an iron Singer sewing table base.) Any of you with big tools have some guidance or surefire tutorials so I don’t break a nail?
- Irons are hot, and they burn. Enough said.
- I have a feeling that quilts are about to get even more political. Are you ready to make a statement?
- Probably the best news of this week: Apparently, three of the five Spice Girls are reforming into a new pop group! Geri, Emma, and Mel B (affectionately now called, GEM; can you even stand it?!) There’s even an IG shot of them in the recording studio! I may have Pirates of Penzanced myself just a little bit.