Ten Things on Thursday – 10
Okay, so it took a few weeks to get here, but whew, I made it! Between work, and travelling, and some personal abracadabra, Ten Things on Thursday, volume ten, kind of got lost in the kerfuffle. But she’s a fierce diva, let me tell you, and she was not about to go gentle into that good night. So she pulled me up by my garter belt straps and said, “Type me, bitch!” When your blog posts start calling you the B word, you know you’re either going a little kooky, or you just do what the voices say and hope they go away. That’s right, right?
- My last Singapore trip was the best yet! I had the smallest bit of free time so I spent it with new fabric friend, Kate (IG: ModernBasics). She showed me the most amazing wholesale, but open to the public, fabric shop that I never would have found.
- I ran out of vodka tonight so I had to make a gin martini like I used to do in middle school.
- Sunday Stash #200. Seriously. Prizes. Fireworks! Prizes. Celebrations! Prizes. Fabric-palooza! Prizes. Plus a new logo! It’s a brand new Sunday!
- I’ve made two more cushions since last weekend. I’m finding these allow me some quick creative release that I’m not getting from my quilts.
- The reason I’m not getting it from my quilts is because I’m in the throes of quilting my Don’t Be a Dick quilt, which is repetitive and taking foreva-eva!! Not complaining, it just takes a lot out of ya, ya know?
- I’ve been working on plans for a new quilt bee for 2017! Are you looking for a quilt bee that has no commitment, uses your stash, involves queens and princesses alike? Well, The Honey Pot Bee could be for you!
- I submitted two quilts to the juried show, Modern Quilt Show Australia this past weekend. While I love both of my quilts, I won’t be surprised if neither are accepted due to their content.
- I helped Harrison (son) write his university art history final paper on the affects of photography technology in modernist art. These are both things I have significant experience with. Proud dad moment when his light bulb clicked and he commented that he was excited about his essay!
- I have a new writing gig in the works, but in the infamous words of Britney Spears, “You’ll just have to wait and see!”
- I filled out my Pennsylvania absentee ballot this week! I think it goes without saying, #imwithher! VOTE VOTE VOTE!