Ten Things on Thursday – 07
This week has been a little bit rough. Nothing specific to complain about, but I’m sure Mercury or Mars, or some planet is in retrograde and causing me undo havoc. Does anyone else feel like that? Sometimes you can just sail through the week hitting goal after goal, and other times, the ball bounces off the wall and hits you in the face. Fortunately, I’ve got glitter to cover the bruises!
- It’s time to sparkle on, y’all! I received four incoming packages of Shimmer 2 fabric from various sources recently. This means I can keep working on my #ShimmerCitySampler blocks as part of the #100blocks100days QAL happening on Instagram. Are you keeping up?
- I’m a little bit ahead with thirty-six blocks done. I know that as soon as I blink, I’ll be behind, so I’m going to try and get to fifty over the weekend.
- While we’re speaking of Instagram, are you aware of the Modern Makers Retreat #MMRcushionpalooza that is happening? There are some awesome prizes being given away, just for making a cushion. We were gonna do that anyway, right?
- I spent a large part of my sewing time this week creating forty-two 1″ x 2″ flying geese for my Hey Mr. DJ quilt. Then I decided to only use half of them. How lacklustre!
- I finished my Hey Mr. DJ quilt top and have it loaded on the frame. I’ve sewn and ripped out quilting about four times tonight alone. Just keep sewing, just keep sewing.
- I thought I was all smart and made a traditional pattern for the Hey Mr. DJ (headphones) quilt block. Then I realised it was a thousand times easier using foundation paper piecing. It’s been one of those one step forward, two steps back kind of weeks.
- I wish I had a sewing machine / cutting station setup for paper piecing only. Does that make me the laziest person in the world because I don’t want to change my needle / rotary blade back and forth?
- I’ve been seeing snippets of Alison Glass’s new fabric range “76.” If you’ve been hanging around for Sunday Stash, you know she’s a little bit of the alright at tone-on-tones. I think this collection could take it up a notch!
- I had a new leather chair delivered from King Living today, which is going to be my binding chair. It arrived with a broken leg. Le sigh. Another eight weeks to wait for another one to be made.
- Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go demolish a bottle of wine, maybe two, and binge watch some AbFab.