Ten Things on Thursday – 02
It felt so good to reflect on last week, that I thought I would do it again this week! I’m amazed at how many quilting related items happen during the week, when I’m not even trying. I guess that’s one way to know that you’re passionate about something, hey? This list proves to me how many small things add up to the bigger picture. I don’t even need to watch the tele anymore! If you want to Instagram you’re ten things just #tenthingsonthursday so everyone can see what you’ve been up to! You know I’ll be there to check it out!
- I started two new quilts this week. You know, because I need some other projects to keep me busy!
- I managed to get my email inbox to under 200 emails. That’s really good for me, and also why not all of you get personalised responses to comments. I do the best I can, I promise.
- Daughter Charlotte came to visit on the weekend. She tells me, “You’re really popular at my school. I was telling my friends about your quilting and blog and they thought it was so cool!” Winning!
- Mr. Sparkles and I bought a new leather chair from King Living on the weekend. Two thousand dollars later and it better be the best damn chair for stitching my binding, or else!
- I spent the weekend drinking wine and stitching. Life is good.
- A work colleague and friend gave me some pre-packaged Liberty cuts from London that he wants a quilt (art and/or function) made from. The best news, “Take your time, seriously, whenever!”
- The #QuiltsForPulse blocks are coming in fast and furious! I received probably thirty blocks today. Love your work!
- I received some happy, quilty mail from a friend this week. I want to devote a proper blog post to it, so I’ll share that a bit later. Still, quilty mail is always a good time!
- So I need to buy a camera. You probably don’t realise, but I actually don’t own a DSLR! I have managed to maintain my blog by just borrowing my MILs for years. (A big “thank you” to her!) But yeah, it’s time to change that.
- I bought Tula Pink’s book, 100 Modern Quilt Blocks to gear up for the #100Days100Blocks quilt along, which starts 17 August. I seriously must be crazy adding another project into the works! (Organised by Angie of Gnome Angel, Lisa of Sweet Little Pretties and Raylee of Sunflower Quilting).