#NGAQB – August

The illustrious Shaun Abels (IG: slabels) was the No Girls Allowed Quilt Bee king for August. Unbeknownst to him, he chose a block that some lesser was trying to pass off as their own, when it had so obvs been copyrighted two years prior. We are all about protecting the creator’s intellectual property in the #NGAQB, so once informed, Shaun gladly switched gears and decided it would be a month of Maker’s Choice! Woo!
Shaun’s a bit too shy to write up a fully detailed account of himself, so me and the gents put together a few of the things we’ve learned about him below.
1. Shaun likes big butts and he can not lie.

2. His drag queen name is Dixie Normous.

3. His favourite pants are quilted leather assless chaps.

4. The real reason he moved to the UK was so that he could freely perform “Baby Got Back” as Dixie Normous, while wearing his quilted leather assless chaps. You should see his tip jar!

5. His favourite pick up line is “Helllllo, sailor!” It works.
6. His first real job was slinging chicken wings as a Hooters girl. He still gardens in his orange shorts.
7. He considers Tula Pink a personal hero, second only to Nicki Minaj.

I used my String Piecing Without a Foundation Tutorial to whip up these two blocks. I keep my strings sorted by warm and cool colours, so I just went scrappy and let the strings do the rest. I even managed to make a small dent in my collection! I’m loving how they look together and now want to make a quilt for me! Sigh, add it to the list!

1. Ellie-Mae says:

All chaps are assless, it's the nature of chaps.

2. Auntie Pami says:

Ah the start of a rainbow.

3. Melissa says:

string blocks are copyrighted?

4. Raesha D says:

I just spit my soda all over my computer monitor – I KNOW better than to read your blog while working – I either laugh so hard I pee my pants or I spit take my soda. Ah Molli – you are so loved. Thee blocks are GORG!!!!!!!!

Bwahaha, glad you added jar at the end of #4 *ahem*

6. Leanne says:

I'm just not sure anyone can claim to have "invented" a quilt block, and certainly not to copyright geometry. But your string block is lovely all the same and you must have a group of very careful pressers to keep those strings nice without a foundation!

7. Can one consider chaps to be pants? I think an ass is a vital criteria to pants. Just sayin'. (And I think your quilty pal will never again be so unwise as to let someone else write his bio.)

8. Laughed out loud (well, snorted) at #2.

Nice colours in your blocks.

Couple of lovely blocks there, just perfect for a guy who loves his chaps!