Sunday Stash #58 – Swaps and Hosts

A long while back, I posted a picture of a yard of fabric from the Magic Suitcase that I thought was just plain ugly. But that’s the thing about fabric, it may be ugly to me, but the most glorious combination of threads that you ever did see. Well, my quilty pal, Jane was that person that thought my ugly fabric was pretty spesh. So we decided to do a swap! I love the surprise of a blind swap, and I was not disappointed with this one!

That orange fat quarter is going straight into my daughter’s next pillow, and that neutral fat quarter is going to be rounding out my neutrals zone, for sure!
Now, you have to believe that the picture does not do justice to the half yard of this print. The colours are so saturated and vibrant, I could stare at it for days! (Like, hot boys, really). This is from Robert Kaufman Studio, called Made in Japan. Which leads us to a little extra somethin-somethin that she threw in just because!

An Oh Deer! charm pack! Wha? Wha?! This is so perfect because as I started going through my stash I noticed that I have subconsciously been collecting Oh Deer! prints without even realising it. It must be a sign. Go ahead, add that project to the list… eek!
Okay, and I know y’all want to get in on the hosting duties for Sunday Stash! Right? Find the available  dates below for the first quarter of 2014, which will be every other Sunday. If you’d like to host, simply leave a comment with your preferred date, and ensure I am able to contact you via email. First come, first served for this round! Do remember that you MUST have an international giveaway as part of your hosting responsibilities. Think of it as a, “thank you for coming” gift.
Sunday, January 26
Sunday, February 9
Sunday, February 23
Sunday, March 9
Sunday, March 23

document.write(”);

1. I'd be honored to take January 26 for you. Thanks!!

2. Sheryl says:

That purple and orange prints is just delicious.

3. Kate Quilts says:

Happy to do February 9, if available. 🙂 That piece of Made in Japan is gorgeous. 🙂

4. I'll do February 23, if possible! Thanks.

5. Clumsy Chord says:

Well, I was going to say I'd take on Feb 23, but somebody's gone and snatched it up! So March 23 instead, if it's still open. (And I'll even be nice and log in to Google so you can email me direct instead of fishing up my email address… :D)

Also, I've promised myself not to buy fabric, but that Robert Kaufman one? IwantitIwantitIwantit *grabbyhands*

• wipgirl says:

I guess I should say who I am, when I'm not logged into Google… so lemme go back to OpenID for a moment. In case you're curious who in the hell this is.

6. My goodness the colours in the Robert Kaufman fabric are really vibrant – any plans for it yet?

7. Can I take March 9th please? I really like that orange FQ, and I know next to nothing about the "oh deer" line, guess some googling will be involved in my near future 😉

8. Aww I was going to offer for Jan 26, being Australia Day, as I have the perfect fabric to celebrate it!! 🙁

Jo patchaday [at] gmail [dot] com

Gotta love great swapsies! I just sold a layer cake I'd been rather unenthusiastically rolling over from one FAL quarter to the next, which someone had been searching for forever, I must put my unloved stash out there more often!

10. Oh well, I was going to ask for March 9, but Alisa beat me to it! No worries, I'll be quicker with the next round. Jane sent you some good stuff! Have fun with it! 😎

11. I love the oh deer, I have a jelly roll (maybe one of the first I bought) that I have yet to crack open. I have a project in mind but I probably won't get to it until next year.

12. I just love you and this Sunday Stash – I'll be participating for sure now. I missed the days, but don't you worry – I'll still be coming back for more! Now I have to go write my own post….

13. Fun swap! Thought I'd join you as I actually got some fabric this week 🙂

14. JB says:

Made is Japan is just wow. Excellent haul, as ever!

15. Natasha says:

Love Oh Deer as well and have a couple charm packs just waiting for use!!

Well didn't you score in that swap?! Lucky, lucky, lucky, I should be so lucky (bit of Kylie for you there!) If I can get my butt into gear and take photos of my recent purchases at some stage I will link up!

17. Jehnny says:

I am too slow at commenting, but if one of those dates become open again I'd be glad to host your lovely Sunday Stash. I too am a lover of the oh deer! collection.

18. Beth Strand says:

I was too slow, too, but I'd be happy to do any of the February or March dates if someone has to bow out! (I did see someone take March 23rd, right?) Are you sure you don't want to just post now for April? pbstrand@msn.com aka Beth @ Words & Stitches

19. Mara says:

That made in Japan print looks awesome!

20. diane quilts says:

Sign me up for your second quarter Sunday Stash hosting!

Love your website and joie de vivre!

21. Would love to host March 23 if anybody changes their mind!