Sunday Stash #40 – Get Into the Groove

Well hello there foxy ladies! I’m not sure if you noticed, but I took the last five days off from blogging. It was a quiet respite from the full on blogging every day during the #33 day countdown to my blogiversary last week. I have spent the last few days catching up at my real job (we made a pretty colourful announcement this week), doing some actual sewing, and spending time with family and friends. I went on a Sydney Harbour Cruise last night, and marvelled at the most spectacular view in the world.
The other big news this week: Mr. Sparkles is now on Instagram! It’s all new to him, so please be gentle. You’ll find him mostly taking photos of his Thermomix food, and his daily adventures with me.
adam_sparkles
Now! Remember a few weeks ago when I casually mentioned that I made a ginormous purchase from Intrepid Thread? Well I meant to show it off, but then I got sidetracked with buying fabrics in Japan, and then buying some more fabrics in Japan. Understandably, my short attention span, was going Gaga over fabric! (We’ve all been there right?) Well now, finally, let me show you the first half of what I bought!

I’d always wanted some Art Gallery Urban Mod of my own, and when it was 20% off the sale price, how was I to refuse?! I’d love to make a quilt using this line–it’s so tonally crisp.

These were some odds and ends that just stumbled into my cart. I mean, Comma, is still holding a place in my heart, and very soon you’ll see more of it emerge from the Magic Suitcase V2.0.

I’m a sucker for Art Gallery fabrics, can’t you tell? If you haven’t felt it up yet, it’s time to run your hands right up that silky drape. That coral Luxe in Bloom is like a delicious watercolour painting that I could swim right through.

Finally, (well, for this post anyway!) I had to stock up on Lizzy House’s Constellations line. I already have some, but again, as these were 20% off the sale price, I decided to round out the collection. These are going to be used for my BGFF, Zach’s, first quilt. It’s still very much a design in progress, but at this stage I’m thinking some sort of wonky star design. He’s a bit wonky himself, so sounds about right!

I’ll show off the second half of this fabric-palooza next Sunday, which promises to include some solid inspiration from one of my favourite designers. Stop back by later this week for some MSBHQAL updates, and what the hell, let’s find out what David Butler’s been screaming out my name for!
Linking up with Fiona at Finding Fifth Audrey at Hot Pink Quilts for this week’s Sunday Stash-a-thon!
You should do the same.
Boy, you’ve got to prove.

1. Salley says:

Serious envy Molli 🙁
    Not of your fabric… of your relationship with Mr Sparkles; who must be really good at keeping his mouth shut over your fabric obsession!

You sure are going to have to build some more cupboards soon.

2. I was thinking the exact same thing as Salley! You gonna have to get heaps more space to stash that stuff Miss Molli! I am tellin' you from experience. 🙂 xx

3. charlotte says:

I L-O-V-E Art Gallery fabrics. You are so right about their softy silky texture. And Lizzie House? Anything Lizzie is awesome. I didn't get much of the constellations, but the moon phases print made some awfully cute PJ pants for my 7 year old grandson. They are his new favorites.

4. Nicole says:

Welcome back, we missed you!! Love the new fabrics….esp that constellation fabric. I made a wonky star with that line and I love it! Cant wait to see what you come up with 🙂

5. Kate Quilts says:

Salley, Mr Sparkles now has his long-yearned-for thermie. It would be a happy household, I reckon. I expect to see photos of steamed salmond and beautiful accompaniments on the IG feed. 🙂

6. Leo says:

instagram is very very unfriendly to old-fashioned cell phone users (like me) …I need to have birthday again … but yeah the Thermomix is the best invention ever especially for "mousse au chocoloat" …

7. Nice haul, Molli! Also…….thanks oh so much for the Madonna ear worm. Now I will be steppin' to the beat all day.

8. audrey says:

Art Gallery? Oh, swoon. You're right–those fabrics are epic. And I love Lizzy House. I need to purchase some…soon? 🙂

Thanks for being a peach and linking up! I know I can count on you to have delicious fabric to share! 🙂

9. Leigh Anne says:

Yummy stash additions!

10. Ruth says:

Oh I love the constellations fabric especially the dark blue. Going to have to go shopping now!

11. Cloud CouCou says:

Gorgeous fabrics, there's quite a few in there that I have been tempted by! Nice to see some constellations..just stressing over a constellations quilt top at the mo, doesn't look quite so nice on the design wall as it does on paper!!

12. Janarama says:

You sure have added a ton of fabulous fabric to your collection lately. I had no clue as to what a Thermomix was so I had to google it … very interesting little contraption, for sure.

13. Am L says:

Boys and their toys! Thermomix isn't big over here, but after looking it up, I'd say Adam can't complain about your fabric purchases for several more years. : ) Definitely missed your blogging, but sounds like you had a fun few days!

See those blinking day jobs, such a PITA when they interfere with real life ;o) Loving the stash. I just got 5 parcels in that I just folded and put away quickly for fear of fabric loving burglars appearing…

15. A much deserved break! Niiiiice fabric stock up.

Sounds like you've had a lovely break. There's nothing better than time spent with family and friends. Loving your new additions – there's defintiely some fabric envy here. Looking forward to seeing th rest of that fabric haul and if I'm not mistaken the magic suitcase is due to land very soon so I'm sure you will have lots and lots more lovelies to share with us all real soon.

17. Thermomix is all everyone is talking about here in the Wild West .. I prefer your fabrics! Hope you enjoyed your 'break' the Sydney night cruise looks magic 🙂

18. Nony says:

Love your fabric choices – I have some serious Urban Mod envy happening, because I've been eyeing it off as well. I seriously can't wait to see what you come up with for this fabric. Exciting!