WiP Wednesday #20 – Rainbow Ice Cream

Oh, honey bee flies. I so wanted to keep this a secret, but the last time I tried to do that I nearly spontaneously combusted. The golden flip side of combustion is the surrounding walls get a glitter spray down. And there ain’t nothin’ wrong with that!
I’ve started using my remaining fabric scraps from the Bloom Bloom Pow QAL project, Sparkleworks, and this is the first step in the recycling madness. If you’ve made this quilt you know the amount of interesting scraps left behind. Because I used such richly-saturated, batik fabrics (and I’m a gay), I knew there needed to be a rainbow involved.

The full rainbow is covered here and back again. I love it more than a caramel topped ice cream sund– (WHOA! Let’s not get crazy here. This fabric creation is beautiful and all, but ice cream, especially caramel topped ice cream, is DIVINE. That is capital D-I-V-I-N-E).  Okay, so I love it almost as much ice cream. Maybe I’ll just wrap it around myself and relax on my chaise lounge while Diego feeds me ice cream and drizzles caramel sauce over his naked body. That might just take divine to the next level!

While I’m not exactly sure where the back of this Sparkleworks quilt is gonna wind up, rest assured I’m aiming for fabulousness. (Is there anything else, really?) How could I let that big top down?! Just flip that bad boy over and let ‘er shine!
Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WiP Wednesday!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
It takes approximately fifty licks to polish off a single-scoop ice cream cone.

1. Struggling to find the correlation between being gay and using batiks!!!

2. I really like that!

p.s. go easy on me for my "no reply" status- wordpress won't let me change it!

3. MsMidge says:

Im trying to figure out how you got those scraps? My bloom bloom scraps were not so unified in size! Lol. Looks great!

4. Your penchant for glitter AND caramel topped ice cream sundaes..two more reasons why I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog. Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Loving it. Your Sparkleworks back is going to be every bit as impressive as the front! 50 licks – I could never make one last that long. I'm too impatient me.

6. Tanyia says:

This is frickin fantastic!

7. Amazeballs! (to use the vernacular). xx

8. Green says:

Totes! I've already mentioned that I love me some batik lovelies. Great job!

Wait, wait, you're gay? Damn…. ;o) Looking forward to seeing where your sparkly rainbow goes!

10. Amanda says:

This looks great!

11. sharpie says:

Bowing down to the reigning scrap champion. Brilliant.

12. you are revolutionizing batiks. this is fabulous, just like you, and i can't wait to see how you finish this off. ah-ma-zing. ps. i can't wait for you QAL to start. i have mine planned and ready!

13. Adrianne says:

Stunning – you are bringing me around to batiks for sure (I know you are an all inclusive quilter but the trauma of some of the batik mostrosities I've seen is taking a while to overcome).

14. Am L says:

Rainbows, and caramel, and Diego, oh my! Seriously, though, looks great! I only recently heard the "batiks are only for batik quilts" quilting "rule" recently. I've used them if I thought they fit with what I was doing with the quilt. Silly rules are made to be broken!