Floral Peddling and a Prize

I know a lot of you out there are Molli Sparkles devotees. You’ve got the t-shirt, the collector’s playing cards, the limited edition plate, and even the CD single only released in Japan. So for you, (thank you) what I am about to show you will probably come as no surprise. For those of you who are new around here, and haven’t fully digested the back catalogue, take a gander at the following photo. Yes, lovelies, that is a pink floral print. I don’t usually peddle in florals (especially pink ones), but this is happening this week. I’ll leave you guessing as to what I’m using it for, but I guarantee it will soon be disappearing.

Remember last Tuesday when I announced the Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone QAL? Well I have feverishly been working on further plans behind the scenes. I’ve almost got the fabric bundles situation sorted with Julie from the Intrepid Thread (who by the way just added like 337 fabrics to her sale section–just sayin’). I also got Aurifil on board to donate a prize! Mmm hmm. The Flickr group is totally ramping up (Hello, forty members!), and now I guess it’s time to announce the winner of the pop up giveaway!

How about a fat quarter of Eero in Teal from Thomas Knauer’s Frippery collection? Let’s see, first name I drew was a No-Reply Blogger, okay, second name, a No-Reply Blogger… um, third name, a No-Reply Blogger. You see a trend here? If I didn’t respond to the comment you left on Tuesday’s QAL announcement blog post, there’s a 97.3% chance you are a No-Reply Blogger and you didn’t leave contact details. (If you’re confused, let me introduce you to Google.com). Yes, I’m sassy as I wanna be.
Now would #47 please stand up. Oh hey, Jenn from Three Snippy Sisters! Looks like you’re a winner! I will email you for your postal. Kisses!

1. Megan says:

I am new around here – apparently all the t-shirts have sold out so I'm wondering if the pretty floral fabric is to make monogrammed hankies for the fans?

2. Mareenchen says:

I'm not nuts about florals or pink but I love that print. I suppose the aqua is messing with my perception. Hero(ine) cape?

3. Leo says:

ahh well sometimes things are so ugly that they are beautiful in their own way …

4. Esther F. says:

He Molli, how about spreading your sparkle-love with some fan buttons to pin on our shirts, nags, coats so we can spread the message? ūüėČ
    Can't wait to see what you cook up with that floral… Floral soup maybe?
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

5. I shall never eat off the limited edition plate… don't want to dull that Sparkle! x

Disappearing 9 patch perhaps, or is that too obvious?

I'm in trouble for washing my t-shirt with his nibs undies, the glitter that came off left him with a rash. I have sent the shirt to the framers instead and will keep it behind glass lit with daylight down lights to make sure the glitter sparkles for ever.

I have to admit I quite like that floral but I am rather intrigued and surprised to see it here. I'm sure you must have plans to make it sparkle.

Oh man, are you going to be another one drooling over Mr Aurifil? ;o)

9. Kelly Young says:

Can't wait to see what you do with that fabric, Molli. And thanks for the heads up on the Intrepid Thread. going NOW!!

ūüôā Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

10. Emily says:

Disappearing four patch, nine patch, or perhaps sixteen patch?

11. before you, i was all google can kiss it – i'm using my wordpress account and that's that. then, i was like, i can't disappoint molli and i started using my google account (with a shameless plug, but still). why would i want to be no-reply when you're replying?! i'm saying.